Almond/date/coconut energy balls (aka homemade lara bars!) These are SO GOOD. Totally vegan and all-natural, good for a little pre- or post-workout energy kick, or to satisfy a sweet tooth anytime of day. I kind of combined this recipe and this recipe into this:
1. Rough chop ~10 dates and 1/2 cup of raw unsalted almonds, and toss in food processor. Add ~1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut and a pinch of sea salt.
2. Pulse away until you have a crumbly mixture.
3. Add a couple tablespoons of water and process that until the mixture starts to gather itself into a ball. (Go easy on the water cuz you don’t want them to be too gooey. You can always add more water if it is too dry)
4. Scrape into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to let the mixture firm up a bit. When you are ready, roll into ~1 inch balls.
5. Roll the balls in shredded coconut to keep them from sticking to anything else. Enjoy, or wrap in plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy!
Woke up exhausted this morning…power protein breakfast helped to get me going. Whole wheat english muffin with natural peanut butter and a drizzle of honey; hard-boiled egg; coffee with cinnamon. Goal was to prevent a big blood sugar spike that would cause me to really crash in a couple hours…higher protein & lower carb is the obvious answer, but did you know cinnamon also helps keep blood sugar down? True story.